Subject: bug#733: 23.0.60; epa-list-keys buffer behaves strangely

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:24:56 +0900

>>>>> In <[email-masked]> 
>>>>>	Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Am 21.08.2008 um 09:18 schrieb Daiki Ueno:

> > How about the following?
> >
> > (eval-after-load "epa"
> >   '(defun epa--key-widget-action (widget &optional event)
> >      (save-selected-window
> >        (epa--show-key (widget-get widget :value)))))
> >
> > (setq widget-button-click-moves-point t)

> Yes, this introduces a clear behaviour. Thank you! IMO it should
> become default behaviour.

I've just intalled the former.  I leave the setting of
`widget-button-click-moves-point' up to users since other Elisp programs
do not bind this variable.

> There is another behaviour that should be changed. When I move the
> mouse cursor away from the previously selected key, or change to
> another buffer or another application, the green marker colour goes
> away, i.e., the selection seems to be lost. When I move the mouse
> cursor over other keys, the green colour follows the mouse cursor.
> IMO the previous selection should be kept (the *Key*<number> buffer
> does not change yet), and the mouse cursor should high-light in a
> different colour, maybe yellow, as with traffic lights, because the
> mouse cursor could select another key at any time.

Well, I think this behaviour not feasible for some reason.  First, there
is no concept of "selected key" in epa-key-list-mode.  If there are a
couple of key (say AAAAAA and BBBBBB), you select them consequently, and
you will see two buffers named "*Key*AAAAAA" and "*Key*BBBBBB".

Second, I have never heard of any way to catch the event which "changes
to another buffer" (perhaps impossible).

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno