Subject: [bug#73296] [PATCH v2] home: services: dbus: Add utilities to profile.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 22:15:05 +0200

Hello,

Antero Mejr <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/home/services/desktop.scm (home-dbus-service-type)[extensions]:
> Extend home-profile-service-type to add dbus-launch and other such
> utilities to the home profile.
>
> Change-Id: I9a3dc00d52b66c327f4eae523bddf758bddddb9e

I must say I don’t fully understand the use case of
‘home-dbus-service-type’ since usually the user’s dbus session is
started automatically, on demand (for example, spawning pulseaudio will
automatically start a dbus session if it’s not already running).

Often I find that for such services we don’t necessarily want to
“clutter” the user’s profile with low-level tools such as ‘dbus-launch’
in this case.  But I’m not sure here.

Could you explain?  What’s the point of ‘home-dbus-service-type’?  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.