Subject: "guix shell -- anything" does not look for manifests

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 14:40:23 +0200

Hello,

Currently, if you have an authorized manifest available and want to run 
some command (for example htop) provided by the manifest, you need to

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

$ guix shell
$ htop

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
as supplying a command for guix shell makes it to not look for 
manifests, and instead simply create a empty environment.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

$ guix shell -- htop
guix shell: warning: no packages specified; creating an empty 
environment
guix shell: error: htop: command not found

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Which doesn't seems a desirable behavior to me. Could we fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Luis