Subject: bug#73291: closed (Re: bug#73291: 31.0.50; `clean-buffer-list' activates `midnight-mode')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2024 13:07:02 +0000

Your bug report

#73291: 31.0.50; `clean-buffer-list' activates `midnight-mode'

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73291: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73291
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73291: 31.0.50; `clean-buffer-list' activates `midnight-mode'
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2024 06:04:59 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 31.1

Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:

> Here.  I also add the NEWS entry as suggested by Eli.  Thanks.

Thanks, pushed to master (commit 4745bafa6a1) with some minor copy
editing of the commit message.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: 31.0.50; `clean-buffer-list' activates `midnight-mode'
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 09:49:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

It seems that calling `clean-buffer-list' once activates
`midnight-mode'.  How to reproduce it:

    - emacs -Q
    - Open some buffers
    - M-x clean-buffer-list ;; Obviously not much buffers are killed
    - Wait one day and go into your emacs window
    - In the *Messages* buffer, you can see that cleaning occured
      recently

I think that one call to `clean-buffer-list' should only clean the
buffer list once.  The documentation does not seem to imply otherwise.

Best regards,

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 30, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.6) of 2024-09-15
 built on computer
Repository revision: 2cd5774689f96522709250b7805370522dcd4334
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101013
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.6 GENERIC.MP#312 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=no --without-cairo
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  exwm-randr-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-randr hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-randr
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xsettings hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-xsettings
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xim hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-xim
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-workspace hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-workspace
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-systemtray hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-systemtray
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-manage hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-manage
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-layout hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-layout
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-input hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-input
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-floating hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-floating
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-core hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-core
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-background hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-background
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.8.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(info-look dictionary external-completion dictionary-connection shortdoc
comp-common shadow emacsbug gnus-fun smerge-mode diff epa-file
find-dired flow-fill gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml smtpmail sort dabbrev
mailalias ispell gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-topic qp utf-7 imap rfc2104
nndoc nndraft nnmh nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss org-duration cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew cal-julian holidays
holiday-loaddefs cal-iso face-remap org-indent oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view filenotify
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org-agenda
org-element org-persist org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree
gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-cycle org-table org-keys oc org-loaddefs ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-compat org-macs finder-inf mm-archive ef-winter-theme
ef-tritanopia-dark-theme ef-trio-dark-theme ef-rosa-theme ef-owl-theme
ef-night-theme ef-melissa-dark-theme ef-maris-dark-theme
ef-elea-dark-theme ef-duo-dark-theme ef-dream-theme
ef-deuteranopia-dark-theme ef-dark-theme ef-cherie-theme ef-bio-theme
ef-autumn-theme ef-symbiosis-theme man mule-util shr-color textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
network-stream url-cache vc-hg vc-bzr view tramp-cmds tramp-cache
time-stamp tramp-sh pulse ffap display-line-numbers tabify conf-mode
sh-script smie treesit executable misearch multi-isearch cl-print
midnight help-fns radix-tree cus-start make-mode vc-dir ewoc on-screen
eww url-queue mm-url pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools pdf-view bookmark jka-compr pdf-cache
pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode exif gnus-dired vc macrostep-c
cmacexp vc-git diff-mode track-changes vc-dispatcher bug-reference time
battery desktop frameset exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug server ef-kassio-theme ef-themes
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone speed-type url-http url-auth
url-gw nsm ytdious mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win ebdb-message message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util range sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils web-mode
derived disp-table erlang-start skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf
grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
compat slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt elec-pair edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads cl-extra help-mode ef-themes-autoloads
exwm-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads hact set hhist
on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads info slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads
speed-type-autoloads tablist-autoloads transmission-autoloads
xelb-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1839679 363033) (symbols 48 64933 4)
 (strings 32 496457 25800) (string-bytes 1 13760816)
 (vectors 16 193093) (vector-slots 8 2656445 237930)
 (floats 8 1346 9473) (intervals 56 62796 4763) (buffers 992 82))

-- 
Manuel Giraud