Subject: bug#7329: Fwd: 23.2; inferior-python-mode: completion does not work

From: Андрей Парамонов<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 20:11:02 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrey Paramonov <[email-masked]>
Date: 2010/11/4
Subject: 23.2; inferior-python-mode: completion does not work
To: [email-masked]
Копия: Andrey Paramonov <[email-masked]>

Hello!

M-Tab completion works for me in python-mode but not in
inferior-python-mode. Please implement M-Tab completion for
inferior-python-mode (it should be easy given it works for python-mode).

I'm ready to provide any additional info,
Andrey Paramonov

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-08-15 on raven, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build'
'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/leim'
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g'
'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
 value of $LC_ALL: nil
 value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
 value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
 value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
 value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
 value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
 value of $LC_TIME: nil
 value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
 value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
 locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
 default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Inferior Python

Minor modes in effect:
 diff-auto-refine-mode: t
 delete-selection-mode: t
 show-paren-mode: t
 pc-selection-mode: t
 compilation-shell-minor-mode: t
 shell-dirtrack-mode: t
 pretty-control-l-mode: t
 tooltip-mode: t
 mouse-wheel-mode: t
 menu-bar-mode: t
 file-name-shadow-mode: t
 global-font-lock-mode: t
 font-lock-mode: t
 auto-encryption-mode: t
 auto-compression-mode: t
 column-number-mode: t
 line-number-mode: t
 global-visual-line-mode: t
 visual-line-mode: t
 transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-style hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-style
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-font hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-font
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/bib-cite hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/bib-cite
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-buf hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-buf
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/context-nl hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context-nl
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-info hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-info
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/font-latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/font-latex
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/context hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fptex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fptex
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/context-en hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context-en
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/latex
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fold hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fold
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-jp hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-jp
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/multi-prompt hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/multi-prompt
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/texmathp hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/texmathp
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-bar hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-bar
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-mik hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-mik
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/toolbar-x hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/toolbar-x
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/hmac-def

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader canlock
sha1 sha1-el hex-util hashcash emacsbug semantic/find gud semantic/edit
etags semantic/db-file cedet-files semantic/wisent/python
semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse semantic/dep
semantic/wisent/python-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format
ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile mode-local cedet vc-dispatcher vc-svn python-21 python psvn
derived edmacro kmacro cl cl-19 log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode pp
elp ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util dired help-mode view tmm electric server ropemacs pymacs
advice help-fns advice-preload ibuf-ext ibuffer delsel disp-table paren
pc-select gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mail-utils
mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit cus-start cus-load pp-c-l debian-el
debian-el-loaddefs w3m-load compile ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme
thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb noweb-font-lock-mode
ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a executable shell
ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars
cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-r-d ess-r-args
assoc ess-s-l ess-inf ess-utils comint ring ess-mode noweb-mode ess
ess-custom regexp-opt easymenu ess-compat ess-site emacs-goodies-el
emacs-goodies-custom emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads cyril-util tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)