Subject: 24.0.50; cc-mode: No instant fontification of certain typedefs

From: Christoph <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:36:09 -0600

Start with `emacs -Q'. Create .c file.

Type

typedef struct
{
  unsigned int foo;
} FooStruct;

`FooStruct' will be fontified as type immediately (green).

Then, right after that, type

typedef struct
{
  unsigned int bar;
} BarStruct;

`BarStruct' will not be fontified as type immediately and stays black.

However, when I kill the buffer and reopen it, `BarStruct' is correctly
fontified as type (green).

It seems like the first type in the buffer is fontified correctly, but
the second one is only after reloading the buffer.

This occurs in 24.0.50, bzr rev102241.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2010-11-03 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --cflags -IC:/Progra~2/GnuWin32/include -ID:/devel/emacs/libXpm-3.5.8/include -ID:/devel/emacs/libXpm-3.5.8/src'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  ido-everywhere: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x RET r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/windows.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins.el (source)...
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins/color-theme/themes/color-theme-example.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins/color-theme/themes/color-theme-library.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins/zenburn.el (source)...done
Ido mode enabled
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/anything-c-adaptive-history...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/custom.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
server js2-mode-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads package re-builder
dired+ dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util dired-aux ibuffer nav nav-tags python-21 python
nav-bufs anything-config warnings browse-url semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw loaddefs
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile mode-local cedet imenu bookmark pp
dired rx ffap thingatpt anything google-c-style cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
grep-o-matic grep compile comint browse-kill-ring+ browse-kill-ring
second-sel ido yasnippet dropdown-list derived easy-mmode assoc
etags-table etags ring remember zenburn color-theme edmacro kmacro
wid-edit cl sendmail regexp-opt reporter easymenu uniquify advice
help-fns advice-preload autorevert tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty
emacs)