Subject: Re: bug#73258: 31.0.50; w32 drag-n-dropping multiple files is broken

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2024 11:25:18 +0300

> Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 21:33:00 +0200
> From: Cecilio Pardo <[email-masked]>
> 
> dnd-handle-multiple-urls is called once for each file. This brings 
> problems, such that when dropping two directories, emacs open the first 
> one on dired, then tries to copy the contents of the second to the 
> first. The attached patch fixes this. -- Cecilio Pardo

Thanks.

We cannot remove or make backward-incompatible changes in a public
API.  So removing/renaming w32-handle-dropped-file and/or changing its
signature is out of the question.  Can you rewrite the patch such that
it keeps this function and its arguments, and just change the
implementation to fix the problem?

Also, please accompany your changes with a ChangeLog-style description
(see CONTRIBUTE for the details), to make the job of installing the
changes easier.

Thanks again for working on this.