Subject: bug#73254: closed (Re: bug#73254: [PATCH] Require ert-x for use by ert-font-lock-deftest-file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2024 11:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#73254: 30.0.91; ert-font-lock-deftest-file requires ert-x but does not load it

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73254: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73254
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73254: [PATCH] Require ert-x for use by ert-font-lock-deftest-file
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Morgan Willcock <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2024 14:11:24 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Morgan Willcock <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2024 20:24:51 +0100
> 
> I have attached a patch which adds the missing require for ert-x.

Thanks, installed on the emacs-30 branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 30.0.91; ert-font-lock-deftest-file requires ert-x but does not load it
From: Morgan Willcock <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 16:16:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When testing some features of ert-font-lock I found that the
ert-font-lock-deftest-file macro expects ert-x to have been loaded.
Here is an example for `emacs -Q`:

  (require 'ert)
  (require 'ert-font-lock)

  ;; This is the example from the documentation.
  (ert-font-lock-deftest-file test-macro-test--file
      "Test reading correct assertions from a file"
    javascript-mode
    "correct.js")

  (ert t)

This gives the result:

  F test-macro-test--file
      Test reading correct assertions from a file
      (void-function ert-resource-file)

I cannot see anything in the documentation that says to load ert-x and
it seems strange that the macro would be defined to use it without
loading it.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.91 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2024-09-12 built on inspiron
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --with-xml2
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XAW3D
XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  server-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  etags-regen-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-devil-mode: t
  devil-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-imenu-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  view-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/mwillcock/.emacs.d/custom/powershell.el/powershell hides /home/mwillcock/.emacs.d/custom/powershell
/home/mwillcock/.emacs.d/elpa/which-key-3.6.1/which-key hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.91/lisp/which-key
/home/mwillcock/.emacs.d/elpa/modus-themes-4.5.0/theme-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.91/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow ecomplete emacsbug texinfo texinfo-loaddefs dired-aux pulse
shortdoc ert-x help-fns radix-tree bug-reference view smerge-mode
ert-font-lock make-mode wgrep find-dired ffap grep misearch
multi-isearch vc-annotate checkdoc sort mail-extr textsec uni-scripts
idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table mm-archive mule-util package-vc vc
lisp-mnt url-cache url-http url-auth url-gw display-line-numbers
finder-inf gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7 cursor-sensor epa-file
network-stream nsm nnfolder nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache server cal-iso autorevert
face-remap init corfu sly sly-completion sly-buttons sly-messages
sly-common apropos etags fileloop arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec
powershell php-mode mode-local consult-imenu consult php-face php
php-project jabber jabber-ourversion hippie-exp hexrgb fsm sgml-mode
facemenu srv dns starttls tls goto-addr yaml-mode markdown-mode lua-mode
advice edmacro kmacro etags-regen kixtart-docstrings cape kixtart-mode
tempo org-msg let-alist color ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-attach
htmlize gnus-msg gnus-icalendar icalendar gnus-dired gnus-cite which-key
devil delight comp comp-cstr ags-mode speedbar ezimage dframe shadowfile
eglot jsonrpc xref flymake diff ert ewoc debug backtrace warnings python
project cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs erc-ring erc-netsplit erc-menu erc-list
erc-goodies erc-imenu imenu erc-pcomplete erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp
erc-sasl erc-sasl-ecdsa-nist256p-challenge erc-sasl-scram-sha-512
erc-sasl-scram-sha-256 erc-sasl-scram-sha-1 erc-sasl-external
erc-sasl-plain sasl-scram-sha256 sasl-scram-rfc sasl-scram-sha-1 rfc2104
hex-util sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain erc-spelling
erc-track erc-match erc-join erc erc-backend erc-networks erc-common
erc-compat compat erc-loaddefs ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util vc-git diff-mode
track-changes vc-dispatcher org-indent oc-basic cl-extra ol-eww eww
url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 gnus-sum ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr
image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-capture ob-shell ob-plantuml ob-dot
org-goto org-clock comp-run comp-common org-duration org-agenda
org-element org-persist org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree generator
org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src sh-script smie treesit executable ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline outline
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-version org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs thingatpt org-compat
org-macs autoinsert compile bookmark savehist crm minibuf-eldef mb-depth
ido tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh tramp rx trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg format-spec tramp-loaddefs
recentf tree-widget shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
easy-mmode display-fill-column-indicator hl-line time gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader range cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit dictionary
external-completion dictionary-connection flyspell ispell shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg xml dom modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig smtpmail message sendmail yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader epg-config help-mode dabbrev
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs desktop frameset pcase
cape-autoloads consult-autoloads corfu-autoloads delight-autoloads
do-at-point-autoloads fsm-autoloads htmlize-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads modus-themes-autoloads package-lint-autoloads
php-mode-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads renpy-mode-autoloads
sly-autoloads totp-auth-autoloads base32-autoloads info
vertico-autoloads wgrep-autoloads which-key-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2169516 335334) (symbols 48 55401 4)
 (strings 32 328878 16586) (string-bytes 1 8915868)
 (vectors 16 185749) (vector-slots 8 3018895 229298)
 (floats 8 942 4044) (intervals 56 161356 10553) (buffers 984 57))