Subject: bug#73247: Move Android frame parameter documentation to elisp manual

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 17:26:37 +0300

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 22:19:01 +0800
> 
> Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> >> Why is this in the user manual?  Frame parameters are Lisp-level
> >> feature, and are fully documented in the ELisp manual.  Are there any
> >> reasons not to move this there, as a separate subsection?
> >
> > That's my question, indeed.
> 
> There's no Android appendix in the Lisp reference manual, and in any
> event, it appears to be established practice to place window-system
> specific Lisp facilities in the appendix in the Emacs manual for the
> window system in question, of which (emacs)Mac / GNUstep Events is one
> example.

You don't need an appendix, you can put this in the body of the ELisp
manual.  The text seems short enough, so maybe we don't even need a
separate subsection.  There's nothing wrong in principle with having
window-system specific text in the main manual.