Subject: bug#73244: Emacs29.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.41

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2024 10:15:48 +0200

> I've added the buffer outputs that you request in the context below.
 >
 > They don't seem to be that informative?  Have I misinterpreted your instructions?

No.  I gave you silly instructions - emacs -Q ignores the early-init.el
file as well.  So please do the following:

(1) Rename your early-init.el file and your .emacs to something else.

(2) Make an early-init.el file that contains

(setq frame-size-history '(100))
(defun resize-me (frame)
    (set-frame-size frame 42 90))

(3) Run emacs without the -Q option so it reads your early-init.el file
and nothing else.

(4) You should now see the splash screen.  Maximize the frame, switch to
the *scratch* buffer and there do

(progn
     (frame--size-history)
     (switch-to-buffer "*frame-size-history*"))

(5) Copy the contents of the buffer *frame-size-history* so you can post
them here.

(6) In your early-init.el file remove everything but the

(setq frame-size-history '(100))

line.

(7) Start emacs without the -Q option from the terminal window.

(8) Repeat steps (4)-(5).

(9) Re-rename your early-init.el and your .emacs files to what they were
before step (1).  In particular, make sure that your early-init.el just
contains the

(setq byte-compile-warnings '(cl-functions))

line you mentioned earlier.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience, martin