Subject: [bug#73238] [PATCH] gnu: Add xevil.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2025 17:07:39 +0000

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for reviewing this forgotten package!  (Just as well, it wouldn't have been reviewed otherwise.)

On 22 March 2025 14:01:30 UTC, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>%default-gnu-IMPORTED-modules is for #:imported-modules; you want
> %default-gnu-modules.

Herp.

>> +                "DEBUG_OPT=-g -DNDEBUG")
>
>Could you add a comment about why the above is needed/useful?

I'll try to rediscover my reasoning.

>Perhaps report the above upstream if you haven't already (bonus if you
>cross-reference the issue here).

Oh,

>> +      ;; The current home page has been ‘subtly’ vandalised with spam and is
>> +      ;; missing a lot of content from this older snapshot.
>> +      (home-page (string-append "https://web.archive.org/web/20060410005819/"

The last release was 25 years ago.

As fun as tracking down Steve Hardt might be (assuming they are still alive), I don't think in would result in a new one.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent on the go.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.