Subject: bug#73225: Repeating tags-search from the start doesn't work

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2024 14:53:26 +0300

> From: Roger Sewell <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2024 10:15:21 +0100
> 
> Package: emacs
> 
> I'm using emacs 1:27.2-10.el9_4 on Rocky Linux 9.4, which I realise is
> not the latest available version of emacs but is the latest package
> available for this distro.
> 
> If I put two files in a directory, each containing multiple occurrences
> of foo-bar, run etags on them, and run tags-search for foo-bar, then the
> first time it correctly goes through every occurrence in both files.
> 
> If I then repeat the tags-search for foo-bar, this time it only takes me
> to the LAST occurrence in each file.

Could you please post the files which can be used to reproduce this
issue?  It is otherwise hard to investigate this problem, since you
didn't even say in what programming language were the source files
written (tags-search and etags support quite a few of them, and each
one might present unique problems).

Thanks.