Subject: bug#73225: Repeating tags-search from the start doesn't work

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2024 11:39:04 +0300

close 73225 28.1
thanks

> From: Roger Sewell <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2024 13:02:03 +0100
> 
> > Could you please post the files which can be used to reproduce this
> > issue?  It is otherwise hard to investigate this problem, since you
> > didn't even say in what programming language were the source files
> > written (tags-search and etags support quite a few of them, and each
> > one might present unique problems).
> 
> These particular files are just text files, created to be as simple as
> possible while still demonstrating the bug. But I originally noticed it
> using Matlab code, but without any special Matlab mode enabled in emacs,
> just text mode.

Thanks.  This is bug#48628, which was fixed in Emacs 28.

So we have fixed this already, and upgrading to a newer version of
Emacs will fix it for you.  So I'm therefore closing this bug as
fixed.