Subject: [bug#73210] [PATCH] gnu: smalltalk: Fix tests.

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2024 09:59:26 +0000

Hi.
I tried your patch, but some tests are still failing for me.
More specifically, the "ANSI compliancy tests" are all failing with the
same error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
--- ./tests/testsuite.dir/046/testsuite.log ---------------------------------

#                             -*- compilation -*-
46. testsuite.at:82: testing ArrayANSITest ...
{ (cd /tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91 && timeout 600s gst -I /tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/tests/gst.im -f /tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91
/tests/AnsiRun.st ArrayANSITest); echo exit 0 > retcode; } | tr -d '\r' | tee stdout; . ./retcode
./testsuite.at:82: { (cd $abs_top_builddir && $TIMEOUT gst $image_path -f $abs_srcdir/AnsiRun.st ArrayANSITest); echo exit $? > retcode; } | tr -d '\r' | tee stdout; . ./retcode
--- /dev/null   2024-09-13 06:57:13.374888392 +0000
+++ /tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/tests/testsuite.dir/at-groups/46/stderr     2024-09-13 09:48:39.319595098 +0000
@@ -0,0 +1,13 @@
+gst: Aborted
+gst: Error occurred while not in byte code interpreter!!
+/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/libgst/.libs/libgst.so.7(+0x728f7)[0x7ffff7f568f7]
+/gnu/store/zvlp3n8iwa1svxmwv4q22pv1pb1c9pjq-glibc-2.39/lib/libc.so.6(+0x3e560)[0x7ffff7b87560]
+/gnu/store/zvlp3n8iwa1svxmwv4q22pv1pb1c9pjq-glibc-2.39/lib/libc.so.6(+0x883fc)[0x7ffff7bd13fc]
+/gnu/store/zvlp3n8iwa1svxmwv4q22pv1pb1c9pjq-glibc-2.39/lib/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x12)[0x7ffff7b874c2]
+/gnu/store/zvlp3n8iwa1svxmwv4q22pv1pb1c9pjq-glibc-2.39/lib/libc.so.6(abort+0xc9)[0x7ffff7b714a3]
+/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/libgst/.libs/libgst.so.7(+0x10c19)[0x7ffff7ef4c19]
+/gnu/store/q46ljxrs7jh0r7qniqdcjvz3kny9226f-libsigsegv-2.14/lib/libsigsegv.so.2(+0x1288)[0x7ffff7edf288]
+/gnu/store/zvlp3n8iwa1svxmwv4q22pv1pb1c9pjq-glibc-2.39/lib/libc.so.6(+0x3e560)[0x7ffff7b87560]
+/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/libgst/.libs/libgst.so.7(+0x56e48)[0x7ffff7f3ae48]
+/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/libgst/.libs/libgst.so.7(+0x72469)[0x7ffff7f56469]
+/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/tests/testsuite.dir/at-groups/46/test-source: line 20: 22611 Aborted                 $TIMEOUT gst $image_path -f $abs_srcdir/AnsiRun.st ArrayANSITest
stdout:
./testsuite.at:82: exit code was 134, expected 0
46. testsuite.at:82: 46. ArrayANSITest (testsuite.at:82): FAILED (testsuite.at:82)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Does the build work for you every time?
What architecture are you using? I'm on x86-64 Guix system.