Subject: Re: [PATCH] Preparation for bootloader rewrite.

From: "Ryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2024 10:37:20 -0400

Hi Herman,

> On Mon, Oct 07, 2024 at 09:23:14PM +0200, Herman wrote:
> Very strange because this is not [PATCH v3 01/14], but [PATCH v3 12/14].
> Manually downloading the patches from [1] and applying them seems to
> work, until again [PATCH v3 12/14].  Looking closer at the download of
> it (34), it seems to actually be [PATCH v3 14/14]...  Besides that, your
> message here does not appear on [1], or [2] for October 07.  Do you know
> why that is?

Very odd, do you think this is a bug in mumi of some kind? I'm new to email
based git workflows, so I've been leaning a mumi for a lot of my setup. Didn't
even think to look if it was trying to apply patches in the correct order, I
just assumed it was and I was doing something wrong.

To your second point, I have the same question. My current theory is that I am
new enough to the mailing lists that I have to go through some sort of approval
process before my emails appear in the actual list and subsequent mumi site,
but I have no proof of this, other than my posts historically taking many hours
to actually appear. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

> But anyway, Lilah also had trouble applying v6 of 72457.  v7 of 72457
> will be independent of 70131, and hopefully possible to apply.  For now,
> you can get patches similar to those in 70131, 69343, 73202, 72457, and
> 68524 (UKI bootloader) from my git repository, by running:
> 
> git checkout 7e63a35f
> git remote add herman https://codeberg.org/herman_rimm/guix.git
> git fetch herman
> git cherry-pick herman/lint-order..herman/uki-efi-bootloader-stable

Thanks for linking your tree (and adding the helpful instructions!) Glad to
report I cherry-picked the commits without any issues. I'll continue working
on my changes I am making to my system (that integrates these changes) and
report on the proper issues if I run into anything!

--- 
Best,
Ryan S