Subject: [bug#73202] [PATCH] Preparation for bootloader rewrite.

From: Herman Rimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2024 21:23:14 +0200

Hello Ryan,

On Mon, Oct 07, 2024 at 12:59:16PM -0400, Ryan wrote:
> Right now, I have Guix master branch checked out @7e63a35f, and am under the
> assumption that the order of patching should be as follows: 69343->73202
> ->72457. Is this correct?
Almost, v6 of 72457 additionally requires v2 of 70131.

> I can apply 69343 cleanly, however trying to apply
> the latest patchsets for 73202 or 72457 fail immediately, complaining that
Yeah, applying 73202 after 69343 using 'mumi am' immediately returns:

  Applying: gnu: bootloader: Install any bootloader to ESP.
  error: patch failed: gnu/bootloader.scm:113
  error: gnu/bootloader.scm: patch does not apply
  error: patch failed: gnu/build/bootloader.scm:23
  error: gnu/build/bootloader.scm: patch does not apply
  Patch failed at 0001 gnu: bootloader: Install any bootloader to ESP.

Very strange because this is not [PATCH v3 01/14], but [PATCH v3 12/14].
Manually downloading the patches from [1] and applying them seems to
work, until again [PATCH v3 12/14].  Looking closer at the download of
it (34), it seems to actually be [PATCH v3 14/14]...  Besides that, your
message here does not appear on [1], or [2] for October 07.  Do you know
why that is?

But anyway, Lilah also had trouble applying v6 of 72457.  v7 of 72457
will be independent of 70131, and hopefully possible to apply.  For now,
you can get patches similar to those in 70131, 69343, 73202, 72457, and
68524 (UKI bootloader) from my git repository, by running:

git checkout 7e63a35f
git remote add herman https://codeberg.org/herman_rimm/guix.git
git fetch herman
git cherry-pick herman/lint-order..herman/uki-efi-bootloader-stable

Cheers,
Herman

[1]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/73202
[2]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2024-10/index.html