Subject: bug#73161: 29.4; Exporting Org Agenda to PDF with Cyrillic Characters

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2024 17:41:07 +0000

Serghei Iakovlev via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> IMO, Org should document that org-agenda-write uses ps-print and
>> ps2pdf, so that users could know where to look for cause of trouble
>> and which parts to customize to work around these problems.
>
> I agree with you.  Things would have been a bit simpler, and perhaps
> even friendlier, if I had stumbled upon this information right away.
> I'd like to take this opportunity to address Ihor and kindly ask him
> to consider reviewing and enhancing the documentation related to this
> matter.

Would you be interested to prepare a patch updating the documentation?
Honestly, I feel confused about all the complications you have been
discussing here, so you might be a better person to explain the problem
at this point.

See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

Ideally, we need to switch to https://github.com/tecosaur/engrave-faces
that can handle pdf exports.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>