Subject: Re: [bug#73157] [PATCH] gnu: mscgen: Fix dependencies.

From: Sébastien Lerique <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 10:15:19 +0200

Hi! And thanks.

> I've built this locally, and checked if references were retained to the
> added inputs; it seems ijg-libjpeg is not retained as a reference, which
> means it is unused at run time and could be left out (or perhaps it
> tries to dynamically load it, in which case the dlopen calls could be
> patched, but I doubt so).
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> $ guix gc -R /gnu/store/jbdbq8kxy5956wkqg4qrvfdks776gfb1-mscgen-0.20 |
> grep ijg-libjpeg
> -> no output
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> Could you verify the above, and if my assumption is correct, send a v2
> without the added ijg-libjpeg?
>

So just removing ijg-libjpeg results in

  Package 'libjpeg', required by 'gdlib', not found

and replacing it with libjpeg-turbo works. "libjpeg" on its own is just
not found (and not defined in the guix source I see
590904cca15922e6474fbd3a71af9b3a45b268af ).

Should it be the turbo one?

-- 
Sébastien Lerique
https://slvh.fr/