Subject: bug#73155: closed (Re: bug#73155: [PATCH v2] gnu: ruby-net-smtp: Fix tests)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2024 22:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#73155: ruby-net-smtp-0.3.3 fails to build

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73155: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73155
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73155: [PATCH v2] gnu: ruby-net-smtp: Fix tests
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: Javier Olaechea <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2024 22:00:14 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Javier Olaechea <[email-masked]> writes:

> Attached is a revised version of the patch following the feedback received in the november Guix social meetup

Thanks, I've pushed this to master as
eabdad1ad5144487a1606fb35afa11c1bb6dc720.

Chris

Subject: ruby-net-smtp-0.3.3 fails to build
From: Tomás Ortín <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2024 20:49:25 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

`ruby-net-smtp` fails to build during the `check` phase, apparently due 
to an expired certificate. The certificate seems to be bundled with the 
package, so I suppose this means the package needs to be updated.

```
Error: test_enable_starttls(Net::TestSSLContext): 
OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 
peeraddr=empty-path-AF_UNIX-sockaddr state=error: certificate verify 
failed (certificate has expired)
```