Subject: bug#73133: 29.2; EWW fails to render some webpages

From: Ganimard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2024 22:52:25 +0200 (CEST)

To Whom it may concern,

I have recently discovered the website gastonle.ru, however it does not
render with Emacs Web Wowser.  It appears to be a relatively simple
website and I cannot see what would prohibit it from rendering.

I have also tried it on an Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS distro running Emacs 28.1
but it also fails to render.  This therefore appears to be a bug in EWW.
---

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6.6 (Build 21G646)) of 2024-01-19 built on
armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.2.1

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=10000
-DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT' --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_NZ.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Markdown

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/ganimard/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230919.2146/transient hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient <http://Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient>

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug files-x vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view vc bug-reference help-fns radix-tree
magit-patch magit-subtree magit-gitignore magit-ediff ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util
magit-extras face-remap misearch multi-isearch vc-git vc-dispatcher
markdown-mode color dired-aux disp-table hl-todo flycheck forth-mode
forth-spec forth-smie smie forth-syntax llvm-mode splunk-mode ess
lisp-mnt ess-utils ess-custom go-mode find-file ffap etags fileloop xref
rust-utils rust-mode rust-rustfmt rust-playpen rust-compile rust-cargo
yasnippet magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util
add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell server magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-base magit-section cursor-sensor dash
auctex-latexmk latex latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake project compile
warnings tex-ispell tex-style tex texmathp latex-preview-pane doc-view
filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif auctex ebib ebib-reading-list
ebib-notes org-element org-persist xdg org-id org-refile org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities noutline outline icons ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-cycle org-table org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs ol org-fold org-fold-core org-compat ring avl-tree
generator org-version org-macs ebib-filters ebib-keywords ebib-utils
ebib-db message sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader format-spec parsebib rx hl-line pp crm bibtex
iso8601 time-date writeroom-mode visual-fill-column olivetti
multiple-cursors mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode
mc-mark-pop mc-edit-lines mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more
thingatpt mc-cycle-cursors multiple-cursors-core advice rect move-text
no-littering compat paredit edmacro kmacro display-line-numbers
whitespace page-break-lines smart-mode-line-atom-one-dark-theme cl-extra
help-mode atom-one-dark-theme use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf atom-one-dark-theme-autoloads
auctex-latexmk-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site company-autoloads
dracula-theme-autoloads ebib-autoloads ess-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
forth-mode-autoloads gdscript-mode-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
hl-todo-autoloads impatient-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
julia-formatter-autoloads just-mode-autoloads
latex-preview-pane-autoloads llvm-ts-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads
lsp-julia-autoloads julia-mode-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads ht-autoloads lv-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase
git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads move-text-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads no-littering-autoloads olivetti-autoloads
package-lint-autoloads page-break-lines-autoloads paredit-autoloads
parsebib-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
quelpa-use-package-autoloads quelpa-autoloads rustic-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
s-autoloads session-async-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads
smart-mode-line-atom-one-dark-theme-autoloads smart-mode-line-autoloads
rich-minority-autoloads spinner-autoloads splunk-mode-autoloads
transient-autoloads with-editor-autoloads compat-autoloads info
writeroom-mode-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
xterm-color-autoloads yaml-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 412027 70117)
(symbols 48 34112 0)
(strings 32 128155 6447)
(string-bytes 1 4038566)
(vectors 16 67754)
(vector-slots 8 739746 70880)
(floats 8 294 368)
(intervals 56 6200 53)
(buffers 984 43))