Subject: bug#73133: closed (Re: bug#73133: 29.2; EWW fails to render some webpages)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2024 11:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#73133: 29.2; EWW fails to render some webpages

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73133: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73133
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73133: 29.2; EWW fails to render some webpages
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Sebastián Monía <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2024 13:35:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Sebastián Monía <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>,  Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2024 11:21:32 -0400
> 
> Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > 24 okt. 2024 kl. 19.13 skrev Sebastián Monía <[email-masked]>:
> >
> >> Attached a patch with the corrections mentioned so far.
> >
> > Fine as far as I'm concerned. You could use `search-forward` instead
> > of `re-search-forward` since you aren't actually using a regexp any
> > more.
> >
> 
> >From ab4a00e3ae5c8b2f6a9d3355df0ee406dbccaee8 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: =?UTF-8?q?Sebasti=C3=A1n=20Mon=C3=ADa?=
>  <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2024 13:09:11 -0400
> Subject: [PATCH] More lax doctype check in EWW (bug#73133)

Thanks, installed on master, and closing the bug.

Subject: 29.2; EWW fails to render some webpages
From: Ganimard <[email-masked]>
To: Bug Gnu Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2024 22:52:25 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To Whom it may concern,

I have recently discovered the website gastonle.ru, however it does not
render with Emacs Web Wowser.  It appears to be a relatively simple
website and I cannot see what would prohibit it from rendering.

I have also tried it on an Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS distro running Emacs 28.1
but it also fails to render.  This therefore appears to be a bug in EWW.
---

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6.6 (Build 21G646)) of 2024-01-19 built on
armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.2.1

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=10000
-DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT' --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_NZ.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Markdown

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/ganimard/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230919.2146/transient hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient <http://Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient>

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug files-x vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view vc bug-reference help-fns radix-tree
magit-patch magit-subtree magit-gitignore magit-ediff ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util
magit-extras face-remap misearch multi-isearch vc-git vc-dispatcher
markdown-mode color dired-aux disp-table hl-todo flycheck forth-mode
forth-spec forth-smie smie forth-syntax llvm-mode splunk-mode ess
lisp-mnt ess-utils ess-custom go-mode find-file ffap etags fileloop xref
rust-utils rust-mode rust-rustfmt rust-playpen rust-compile rust-cargo
yasnippet magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util
add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell server magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-base magit-section cursor-sensor dash
auctex-latexmk latex latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake project compile
warnings tex-ispell tex-style tex texmathp latex-preview-pane doc-view
filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif auctex ebib ebib-reading-list
ebib-notes org-element org-persist xdg org-id org-refile org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities noutline outline icons ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-cycle org-table org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs ol org-fold org-fold-core org-compat ring avl-tree
generator org-version org-macs ebib-filters ebib-keywords ebib-utils
ebib-db message sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader format-spec parsebib rx hl-line pp crm bibtex
iso8601 time-date writeroom-mode visual-fill-column olivetti
multiple-cursors mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode
mc-mark-pop mc-edit-lines mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more
thingatpt mc-cycle-cursors multiple-cursors-core advice rect move-text
no-littering compat paredit edmacro kmacro display-line-numbers
whitespace page-break-lines smart-mode-line-atom-one-dark-theme cl-extra
help-mode atom-one-dark-theme use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf atom-one-dark-theme-autoloads
auctex-latexmk-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site company-autoloads
dracula-theme-autoloads ebib-autoloads ess-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
forth-mode-autoloads gdscript-mode-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
hl-todo-autoloads impatient-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
julia-formatter-autoloads just-mode-autoloads
latex-preview-pane-autoloads llvm-ts-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads
lsp-julia-autoloads julia-mode-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads ht-autoloads lv-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase
git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads move-text-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads no-littering-autoloads olivetti-autoloads
package-lint-autoloads page-break-lines-autoloads paredit-autoloads
parsebib-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
quelpa-use-package-autoloads quelpa-autoloads rustic-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
s-autoloads session-async-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads
smart-mode-line-atom-one-dark-theme-autoloads smart-mode-line-autoloads
rich-minority-autoloads spinner-autoloads splunk-mode-autoloads
transient-autoloads with-editor-autoloads compat-autoloads info
writeroom-mode-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
xterm-color-autoloads yaml-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 412027 70117)
(symbols 48 34112 0)
(strings 32 128155 6447)
(string-bytes 1 4038566)
(vectors 16 67754)
(vector-slots 8 739746 70880)
(floats 8 294 368)
(intervals 56 6200 53)
(buffers 984 43))