Subject: Re: [bug#73128] [PATCH gnome-team 00/12] Mini update dump

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 09:57:44 +0900

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, dem 11.09.2024 um 14:11 +0900 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
>> Hi Liliana,
>> 
>> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > Hi folks,
>> > 
>> > with GNOME 45 nearing EOL (we are still on 44, sadly) and 47 just
>> > around the corner, I figured that gnome-team should pick up some
>> > speed.  Sadly, we need glib 2.80 or newer for gnome-shell, so this
>> > is about as far as I can get – there is also a nasty qtbase thing
>> > that is worth our attention.
>> 
>> Is there an issue for the qtbase related problem?
> Not yet – I haven't found the time to document it, but it is a single
> test failure that sounds very bad.

If you could just let me know quickly how to reproduce it, I'd be
interested in looking at it, since we're prepping a bunch of Qt updates
in the Qt team.

>> > Some of the latter patches require that qtbase be fixed or
>> > libcamera be built without it.  This series includes neither,
>> > because I wasn't able to do the former and would rather not push
>> > the latter without a good reason.
>> 
>> I think it'd make sense to have libcamera qt-less and have a
>> libcamera-qt variant for Qt users.  This would add to the greater
>> work of having GTK 4 not pull Qt (via gstreamer plugins for example),
>> as was reported here [0]
> Okay, I will go with that in a separate issue then.

Sounds good!  Thanks for all the work.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim