Subject: Re: [bug#73128] [PATCH gnome-team 00/12] Mini update dump

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 14:11:49 +0900

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> with GNOME 45 nearing EOL (we are still on 44, sadly) and 47 just around
> the corner, I figured that gnome-team should pick up some speed.  Sadly,
> we need glib 2.80 or newer for gnome-shell, so this is about as far as I
> can get – there is also a nasty qtbase thing that is worth our attention.

Is there an issue for the qtbase related problem?

> Some of the latter patches require that qtbase be fixed or libcamera be
> built without it.  This series includes neither, because I wasn't able to
> do the former and would rather not push the latter without a good reason.

I think it'd make sense to have libcamera qt-less and have a
libcamera-qt variant for Qt users.  This would add to the greater work
of having GTK 4 not pull Qt (via gstreamer plugins for example), as was
reported here [0]

[0] bug #51994 (https://issues.guix.gnu.org/51994)

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim