Subject: [bug#73127] [PATCH gnome-team v2] gnu: glib: Update to 2.80.5.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 22:20:23 +0900

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/glib.scm (glib): Update to 2.80.5.
> [#:phases]: Add ‘wrap-python’.
> [inputs]: Add python-packaging-bootstrap.
> ---
>
> v2 fixes builds in dependent packages, but may come at the cost of making
> glib no longer cross-compilable (note: I don't know whether it can be
> cross-built currently, and would like some pointers on how to achieve
> this for a potential v3).  qtbase still fails --- bug report incoming.

I wouldn't worry too much about making it non cross-compilable by adding
a Python input; I had a patch making it possible to cross-compile python
packages on old core-updates, I should revisit it.

The rest looks fine to me.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim