Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Add git-source procedure.

From: Herman Rimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 18:29:56 +0200

Hi,

A procedure is shorter for sure and so is its invocation, see patch #2.
On the one hand the hash line is close to the version line, but there
are no field names anymore; it may be unclear that a 'version' variable
is used as a 'commit' argument.

I keep a 'host' argument separate from 'author' in case we want to use
symbols for popular hosts or ones that use protocols other than HTTPS.
I could add a version keyword argument, which would be useful for
packages which have their version field generated by git-version.

Cheers,
Herman

Herman Rimm (2):
  download: Add git-source.
  gnu: Add inadyn.

 doc/guix.texi         |  7 +++++++
 gnu/packages/dns.scm  | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 guix/git-download.scm | 12 +++++++++++-
 3 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: ee64bcfb796ef36db4b63f79540627fb25f3320a
-- 
2.45.2