Subject: Re: [bug#73103] TR:

From: "Murilo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2024 10:07:23 -0300

> There should be a place where all that is advertised (outside Guix official channels to avoid conflict when that applies). I'm so clueless personally

I find toys to be more than enough to be honest, maybe it needs some more
advertising, but once you know about it, works wonders, it shows both guix and
outside of guix (user channels).

>> streams not playing
> You mean like Twitch or YouTube or videocall or something else? Personally with the AppImage everything was working fine (but I haven't checked everything possible)

I mean twitch streams and youtube streams. Video calls work fine, twitch videos
(VODs) work fine, youtube videos work fine. Might be something I missed when
packaging but honestly I don't mind since I use mpv to watch everything anyways.

>> running on native wayland
> What was the workaround/solution? Personally it receives the order to use WayLand

I didn't do anything special, I just open zen and it is already native wayland,
no tweaks, no flags, no nothing, just plain executing the `zen` command. My WM
also shows the window is native wayland, and I even use hardware accel from GPU
on native wayland with it just fine.
I do have couple env vars for wayland set: QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=Hyprland

>> use the channel
> Last time I messed with channels I've had to maintain a whole version control system **just** to figure out what wasn't working, took me, idk, months of maintenance time, weeks of mind time and maybe hours/day of actual time. Maybe you know a foolproof way or something?

I'm not sure, I've never had any problems with using channels. Outside of what
we already have in the manual for how to use channels, I just make sure the
package symbols I'm using on my config match the ones I want to use (sometimes
channels duplicate them, then using #:hide or #:select for modules help) and
that's about it. If anything, guix pull lets you roll back if something breaks.