Subject: [bug#73073] [PATCH v3 0/8] Support lookups of origins used as package inputs

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2024 18:54:21 +0100

Hello,

This is v3 of the patch series submitted by Simon, rebased
on current ‘master’.

The main change is the removal of special-casing from (guix
packages), as suggested before, and the addition of a test.

It passes “the LibreOffice test” (no world rebuild).

Objetions?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (1):
  packages: Use origin file names as their input labels.

Simon Tournier (7):
  gnu: gnome-recipes: Move libgd origin from phases to native-inputs.
  gnu: dmd-bootstrap: Move phobos origin from phases to native-inputs.
  gnu: smithforth: Move system.fs origin from phases to native-inputs.
  gnu: farstream: Move common origin from phases to native-inputs.
  gnu: gnulib: Move phobos origin from phases to native-inputs.
  gnu: git: Move git-manpages origin from phases to native-inputs.
  gnu: cgit: Remove input labels.

 gnu/packages/base.scm            | 19 ++++----
 gnu/packages/build-tools.scm     | 18 ++++----
 gnu/packages/dlang.scm           | 21 ++++-----
 gnu/packages/forth.scm           | 20 +++++----
 gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm     | 24 ++++++-----
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm           | 19 ++++----
 gnu/packages/tex.scm             | 21 +++++----
 gnu/packages/version-control.scm | 74 +++++++++++++++++---------------
 guix/packages.scm                |  3 ++
 tests/packages.scm               | 10 ++++-
 10 files changed, 130 insertions(+), 99 deletions(-)

base-commit: e00ca95e08bc1cc2cb39f3178485ef16defce0be
-- 
2.46.0