Subject: bug#73072: closed (Re: bug#73072: 30.0.90; which-key uses unexpected format of version information)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2024 16:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#73072: 30.0.90; which-key uses unexpected format of version information

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73072: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73072
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73072: 30.0.90; which-key uses unexpected format of version information
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Constant <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2024 19:04:24 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Constant <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2024 11:09:41 -0400
> 
> Inspecting the which-key source file shows many of the variable's
> `:package-version' information is in the form of a string instead of a
> cons cell with the car of the package name and the cdr of the string

Thanks, fixed.

Subject: 30.0.90; which-key uses unexpected format of version information
From: Constant <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2024 11:09:41 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Inspecting the which-key source file shows many of the variable's
`:package-version' information is in the form of a string instead of a
cons cell with the car of the package name and the cdr of the string
(See transient's '(transient . "0.1.0") :package-version for an
example). This causes functions that expect a cons from the package
version of a symbol to fail, as they try to access the cdr of the
`custom-package-version' property of which-key symbols.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-09-05 built on localhost
Repository revision: 54071b9cef287ac6826d67534d0c5c935bbca78c
Repository branch: emacs-30
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --datarootdir=/usr/share
 --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-30.0.9999-r1
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-30.0.9999-r1/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-30-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-30-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-30-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --enable-xattr --with-dbus --without-modules --without-gameuser
 --with-libgmp --with-gpm --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --with-xml2
 --without-mailutils --without-selinux --with-sqlite3 --with-gnutls
 --without-libsystemd --with-threads --with-tree-sitter
 --without-wide-int --with-sound=alsa --with-zlib --with-pgtk
 --without-x --without-ns --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --with-harfbuzz --with-libotf --with-m17n-flt
 --without-xwidgets --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg
 --with-tiff --without-webp --without-imagemagick --with-dumping=pdumper
 'CFLAGS=-mtune=native -O2 -pipe -fno-fast-math -ffp-contract=off'
 CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed
 -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBXML2 NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.UTF8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x
misearch multi-isearch cl-loaddefs cl-lib jka-compr rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 53793 18495) (symbols 48 5401 0) (strings 32 14397 2591)
 (string-bytes 1 476535) (vectors 16 9403)
 (vector-slots 8 132331 12225) (floats 8 26 789) (intervals 56 900 0)
 (buffers 992 14))