Subject: 30.0.90; which-key uses unexpected format of version information

From: Constant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2024 11:09:41 -0400

Inspecting the which-key source file shows many of the variable's
`:package-version' information is in the form of a string instead of a
cons cell with the car of the package name and the cdr of the string
(See transient's '(transient . "0.1.0") :package-version for an
example). This causes functions that expect a cons from the package
version of a symbol to fail, as they try to access the cdr of the
`custom-package-version' property of which-key symbols.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-09-05 built on localhost
Repository revision: 54071b9cef287ac6826d67534d0c5c935bbca78c
Repository branch: emacs-30
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --datarootdir=/usr/share
 --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-30.0.9999-r1
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-30.0.9999-r1/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-30-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-30-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-30-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --enable-xattr --with-dbus --without-modules --without-gameuser
 --with-libgmp --with-gpm --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --with-xml2
 --without-mailutils --without-selinux --with-sqlite3 --with-gnutls
 --without-libsystemd --with-threads --with-tree-sitter
 --without-wide-int --with-sound=alsa --with-zlib --with-pgtk
 --without-x --without-ns --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --with-harfbuzz --with-libotf --with-m17n-flt
 --without-xwidgets --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg
 --with-tiff --without-webp --without-imagemagick --with-dumping=pdumper
 'CFLAGS=-mtune=native -O2 -pipe -fno-fast-math -ffp-contract=off'
 CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed
 -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBXML2 NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.UTF8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x
misearch multi-isearch cl-loaddefs cl-lib jka-compr rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 53793 18495) (symbols 48 5401 0) (strings 32 14397 2591)
 (string-bytes 1 476535) (vectors 16 9403)
 (vector-slots 8 132331 12225) (floats 8 26 789) (intervals 56 900 0)
 (buffers 992 14))