Subject: Re: bug#73046: 29.4; Emacs 100% CPU usage for several seconds when opening dired buffer over TRAMP

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2024 11:42:56 -0400

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> If 3 surprised you, then the reason is simple: sit-for returns
>>> immediately if any input is available, so typing effectively disables
>>> the wait.  This could be countermanded by unconditional sleep, but
>>> AFAIU Michael is rethinking the whole issue, so we should wait for him
>>> to reach his conclusions.
>
> This would mean to use (sleep-for 0) instead of (sit-for 0), right? Hmm,
> I might try the same tests for this clause next days, no idea whether it
> makes a difference.
>
> But ATM, we should use (sit-for 0), until we know better.

I'll defer to your and Eli's expertise.  I don't have strong opinions on
the matter; I simply wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

Glad you're feeling better.

Regards,
-- 
Suhail