Subject: bug#73041: 30.0.90; track-changes-mode logs warnings (#70541 regression? not actually fixed?)

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2025 21:33:06 -0500

> Here is the value of track-changes--error-log:
>
>   (("UserChooser.php" #1=(buffer-size 3999 4001)
>     ((t track-changes--recover-from-error (#1#) nil)
>      (t track-changes-fetch
>         (#2=
>          #s(track-changes--tracker :signal eglot--track-changes-signal
>                                    :state
>                                    #s(track-changes--state :beg 1156
>                                                            :end 1858
>                                                            :before error
>                                                            :next nil)
>                                    :nobefore nil :immediate nil)
>          #<subr F616e6f6e796d6f75732d6c616d626461_anonymous_lambda_135>)
>         nil)

BTW, this error seems to come not from `track-changes.el` but from some
other part of Emacs.  The fix I suggested in the other bug should
hopefully fix the consequence of this problem but of course not
its origin.

To find its origin, I'd need more info (like the one we could get with
`(setq track-changes-record-errors 'trace)` on `master`, or some way to
reproduce the bug).

        Stefan