Subject: Re: bug#73041: 30.0.90; track-changes-mode logs warnings (#70541 regression? not actually fixed?)

From: Eric Gillespie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2024 20:36:59 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ping! epg, could you please try Stefan's patches and report back?

Sorry for the delay.  I applied that patch the next time I built,
and it definitely had an impact, but not what I expected.

I now have a trivial -Q test case for a bug, though I fear it may
not be the bug I originally reported here.

1. Run 'cargo new foo' to create a new cargo project
2. emacs -Q foo/src/main.rs
3. M-x rust-ts-mode RET
4. M-x eglot RET
5. C-x k RET

Expected:
Buffer main.rs is killed.

Actual:
(cl-assert (track-changes--sane-state-p)) assertion triggered.

Who knows, maybe these two bugs share a root cause.

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
>> Hmm... this clearly points to a bug in track-changes.

In fact, I was able to trace this kill-buffer behavior all the
way back to the birth of track-changes in commit
d7a83e23d47ca9e3e6ca70078e956e31301e5e6d (the patch needed a tiny
bit of conflict resolution to apply that far back, but it was no
problem).

Thanks!

-- 
Eric Gillespie <*> [email-masked]