Subject: bug#73039: guile is not reproducible

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2024 15:27:49 +0200

Hello, I've been dealing with really annoying errors recently, most of 
them related to this:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

guile: warning: failed to install locale

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This led me to running guix challenge on guile, and I discovered it 
isn't reproducible as for now.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

+radio at buer in scm/guix > guix challenge guile
/gnu/store/mfkz7fvlfpv3ppwbkv0imb19nrf95akf-guile-3.0.9 contents differ:
   local hash: 15294835c2mnmg5q07l0k57l9iy0k0nj0z2kyi21r2ypdsq0qdii
   
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/mfkz7fvlfpv3ppwbkv0imb19nrf95akf-guile-3.0.9: 
0gv6wj2wyp6ar2bxardcbd3p1vvhva2rlkabmnki5ybclk5q4m45
   
https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/mfkz7fvlfpv3ppwbkv0imb19nrf95akf-guile-3.0.9: 
15294835c2mnmg5q07l0k57l9iy0k0nj0z2kyi21r2ypdsq0qdii
   differing file:
     /lib/guile/3.0/ccache/ice-9/ftw.go

1 store items were analyzed:
   - 0 (0.0%) were identical
   - 1 (100.0%) differed
   - 0 (0.0%) were inconclusive

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Is there any temporary solution for the locale issue? Repulling and/or 
reconfiguring the home environment doesn't solve it.

Thanks for the attention