Subject: Re: [bug#73034] [PATCH v3 0/3] Fix annoyances of Git and update to 2.46.0

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2024 21:10:52 +0900

Hi Simon,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Re,
>
> On Fri, 06 Sep 2024 at 12:31, Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>> I believe your argument 1. is going to affect any label-free package
>>> definitions needing additional origins copied in, so the issue is bigger
>>> than just this commit, in my opinion.
>
> [...]
>
>>                                        from my understanding, it changes
>> the scope of the work being reviewed but let take the opportunity to
>> discuss. :-)
>
> See submission #73073 <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/73073>.

Thanks for following up with concrete ideas.  It seems the discussion
still has some ways to go before we reach consensus there, but at least
it seems clear we do not want to go back to reintroducing labels, so
I've applied 1/3 and 3/3 but left out 2/3.

Thank you for fixing my botched wrapped-program phase translation :-).
We can now use 'git send-email' and friends easily again.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim