Subject: Potential inclusion of kbd-mode, part of kmonad, in Non-GNU ELPA

From: Jeremy Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2024 23:19:01 +0100

Hi,

kmonad is a keyboard configuration tool under MIT license.
https://github.com/kmonad/kmonad

There is an Emacs major mode to edit the configuration file, based on
s-expressions.  The mode is under GPLv3.
https://github.com/kmonad/kbd-mode

On behalf of the author, Tony Zorman, I would like to request
consideration to include it in NON-GNU ELPA.

The author is conscious that the following snippet should be improved
and we are soliciting recommendations on how to improve it.
  ;; HACK
  (defadvice redisplay (after refresh-font-locking activate)
    (when (derived-mode-p 'kbd-mode)
      (font-lock-fontify-buffer))))

Furthermore if there are any code reviews or recommendations, I attach
the current version.

I can volunteer some time for some of the changes.