Subject: Re: bug#72986: Disabling menu-bar-mode changes size of new frames

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2024 14:32:38 +0000

On Sat, 30 Nov 2024 at 19:01, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> I now added a variable called 'x-gtk-insist-on-requested-size'.  If
> non-nil, it should do what its doc-string says.  The rest of the
> attached patch is mostly what was in a diff I earlier posted as
> gtkutil-reject-2024-10-02.diff.  Please try it.
>

Thanks very much for this. I have switched to KDE, because it seemed that
GNOME was making problems for other applications, not just Emacs; for
example, Firefox windows were also opening small (but then resizing larger).

I did do one final test before switching, which was to check that I still
experienced the problem in a default setup (so that it wasn't due to my
user settings).

I do have another machine that is still using GNOME, so I will try to test
your patch before I switch it to KDE too.

-- 
https://rrt.sc3d.org