Subject: Re: bug#72986: Disabling menu-bar-mode changes size of new frames

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2024 11:50:53 +0000

On Sat, 30 Nov 2024 at 10:16, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

> So the bug could be fixed with that patch albeit not entirely
> satisfactorily.  I think I will install it with the help of a
> customizable variable users would then have to set in their early init
> files.
>

Assuming that this problem affects all or most users of recent GNOME, it
would be fantastic to have this patch installed. It's a very unsatisfactory
fix (because we don't understand what the problem really is, or even where,
I think?), but the current situation is quite annoying (every time I open a
new Emacs frame, I first have to resize it before I can use it).
Thanks again to Martin; having myself had to do quite a lot of proxy
debugging of weird effects on systems I don't use, I appreciate the
patience and hard thought that goes into trying to diagnose and fix this
sort of bug.

-- 
https://rrt.sc3d.org