Subject: Re: bug#72986: Disabling menu-bar-mode changes size of new frames

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2024 14:59:21 +0100

On Mon, 9 Sept 2024 at 13:33, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Obviously.  I modified the PGTK part.  Please try again with what I
> attached now.
>

This makes an obviously visible difference: C-x 5 2 opens a small frame
which immediately becomes large.

Here's the *frame-size-history* buffer:

Frame size history of #<frame  *Minibuf-1* 0x5e56112ccf80>
x_create_frame_1 (5), TS=80x25~>1280x875, NS=80x25~>1296x875,
IS=80x25~>1296x875, MS=32x70 IH IV
gui_figure_window_size (5), TS=1280x875~>1280x1260, TC=80x25~>80x36,
NS=1296x875~>1296x1260, IS=1296x875~>1296x1260, MS=32x70 IH IV
scroll-bar-width (3), NS=1296x1260~>1328x1260, IS=1296x1260~>1328x1260,
MS=160x175
scroll-bar-height (3), MS=160x175
x_create_frame_2 (0), MS=160x175
xg_frame_set_char_size, invisible, PS=1328x1260, XS=1328x1260, DS=1328x1260
xg_frame_set_char_size (5), MS=32x70 IH IV
x_make_frame_visible
MapNotify, not hidden & not iconified, PS=1328x1260, DS=1328x1260
ConfigureNotify, PS=1328x1260, XS=400x374, DS=1328x1260
xg_frame_resized, rejected, PS=1328x1260, XS=400x374, DS=664x630
tool-bar-lines (2), MS=160x175
xg_frame_set_char_size, visible, PS=1328x1260, XS=1328x1260, DS=1328x1260
ConfigureNotify, PS=1328x1260, XS=1328x1258, DS=1328x1260
xg_frame_resized, rejected, PS=1328x1260, XS=1328x1258, DS=664x671
set_window_configuration (4), MS=160x175 IH IV

Note that once more I retained the simple patch to frame.c to set
frame-size-history to (100).

-- 
https://rrt.sc3d.org