Subject: bug#72986: Disabling menu-bar-mode changes size of new frames

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2024 18:32:14 +0100

On Sun, 8 Sept 2024 at 17:54, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  > If not, then we should try to understand why not.  Please with pristine
>  >> master replace the initial assignment of 'frame-size-history' in
> frame.c
>  >> from
>  >>
>  >>     frame_size_history = Qnil;
>  >>
>  >> to
>  >>
>  >>     frame_size_history = Fcons (make_fixnum (100), Qnil);
>  >>
>  >> start Emacs -Q and tell me the contents of the *frame-size-history*
>  >> buffer.
>  >
>  >
>  > There isn't one.
>
> Silly me.  You have to evaluate
>
> (frame--size-history)
>
> first.  Then it should be there.
>

Yes, sorry, I didn't think of it either. Here's the output:

Frame size history of #<frame  *Minibuf-1* - GNU Emacs at ecls
0x59a9a967e790>
x_create_frame_1 (5), TS=80x25~>1280x875, NS=80x25~>1296x875,
IS=80x25~>1296x875, MS=32x70 IH IV
gui_figure_window_size (5), TS=1280x875~>1280x1260, TC=80x25~>80x36,
NS=1296x875~>1296x1260, IS=1296x875~>1296x1260, MS=32x70 IH IV
scroll-bar-width (3), NS=1296x1260~>1328x1260, IS=1296x1260~>1328x1260,
MS=160x175
scroll-bar-height (3), MS=160x175
menu-bar-lines (2), MS=160x175
x_create_frame_2 (0), MS=160x175
xg_frame_set_char_size, invisible, PS=1328x1260, XS=1328x1260, DS=1328x1260
xg_frame_set_char_size (5), MS=32x70 IH IV
x_make_frame_visible
MapNotify, not hidden & not iconified, PS=1328x1260, DS=1328x1260
ConfigureNotify, PS=1328x1260, XS=1328x1260, DS=1328x1260
xg_frame_resized, unchanged, PS=1328x1260, XS=1328x1260
ConfigureNotify, PS=1328x1260, XS=1328x1258, DS=1328x1260
xg_frame_resized, changed, PS=1328x1260, XS=1328x1258
change_frame_size_1, delayed, PS=1328x1260, XS=1328x1258, DS=1328x1260
change_frame_size (5), TS=1280x1260~>1280x1258, TC=80x36~>80x35,
NS=1328x1260~>1328x1258, IS=1328x1260~>1328x1258, MS=32x70 IH IV
tool-bar-lines (2), MS=160x175
xg_frame_set_char_size, visible, PS=1328x1258, XS=1328x1258
ConfigureNotify, PS=1328x1258, XS=1328x1258
xg_frame_resized, unchanged, PS=1328x1258, XS=1328x1258
ConfigureNotify, PS=1328x1258, XS=1280x1354
xg_frame_resized, changed, PS=1328x1258, XS=1280x1354
change_frame_size_1, delayed, PS=1328x1258, XS=1280x1354
change_frame_size (5), TS=1280x1258~>1232x1354, TC=80x35~>77x38,
NS=1328x1258~>1280x1354, IS=1328x1258~>1280x1354, MS=32x70 IH IV
set_window_configuration (4), MS=160x175 IH IV

-- 
https://rrt.sc3d.org