Subject: php-8.3.10 build failure

From: Marek Paśnikowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2024 13:04:37 +0200

Good morning or afternoon.

I am not able to update my system due to the following build failure:

standard output context
~
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/m7jd9csjwb8yvznassm2mgkx8nyx9m0q-easyeffects-7.1.7.drv
  /gnu/store/1gr6a27wls2xlykjqkgy51pxv8c5hfmi-lsp-plugins-1.2.15.drv
  /gnu/store/gxjs8dzg8gmif2gj1ybkxxzv623qpq4q-php-8.3.10.drv
~

build log context
~
configure: error: Package requirements (gdlib >= 2.1.0) were not met:

Package 'freetype2', required by 'gdlib', not found
~

I checked with the source code of (gnu packages php) — freetype does not
exist in the file.

I apologize for not posting a patch, but I am still wrapping my head
around concepts more fundamental than patch submission.  For example, I
think it is a good idea to Cc the PHP team here, but failed to find
documentation on how to identify the team’s email address.