Subject: [bug#72962] php-8.3.10 build failure

From: Marek Paśnikowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2024 09:43:45 +0200

Carlo Zancanaro <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I attempted to build php with the following command:
>> =
>> guix build php --with-patch=gd=patch-1.txt --with-patch=php=patch-2.txt
>> =
>
> You should be able to apply them in a fresh clone of the repository with
> "git am $patch-name". To build, you can follow the instructions in the
> manual "(guix) Building from Git". After that, you can build PHP with
> these patches with "./pre-inst-env guix build php".
>

I had a guix clone from previous attempts to patch things, so I
proceeded to apply the patches.  Patch 1 returned a message along the
lines (translation) of "apply: * gnu/packages/gd.scm (gd): Change inputs
to propagated-inputs".  However,
=
LC_ALL=C git am ../Downloads/patch-2.txt
Patch format detection failed.
=