Subject: bug#7296: closed (Re: bug#7296: display-pixel-height not enough)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 18:30:10 +0000

Your bug report

#7296: display-pixel-height not enough

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7296: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7296
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7296: display-pixel-height not enough
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 19:29:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> `display-monitor-attributes-list' should provide all the information you
> need now.  Unless something was left out please consider closing this
> bug.

Bug closed.

Thanks, martin

Subject: display-pixel-height not enough
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: Emacs Bugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:11:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

If you want to know how much height there is available to display a
frame then display-pixel-height does not give you the information you
need. The taskbar (w32 name, I have no idea what it is called on other
platform) and other "bars" may have reserved some of the vertical
space.

I suggest adding something like display-available-pixel-height that
gives the actual height available for a frame that can be totally
visible.

(There is a similar problem for the width.)