Subject: bug#7296: display-pixel-height not enough

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:42:36 +0200

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:39:35 +0200
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> > Wouldn't it make more sense for display-pixel-height/width to return
>> > the height available for display?
>>
>> Probably. But there are perhaps also situation when you actually want
>> to get the dimension of the whole display. Perhaps not at the moment,
>> but with enhanced frame handling there could be.
>
> Patches are welcome to implement that.  Or at least if someone could
> explain how to find the dimensions of the unusable part, then someone
> else could write the code with minimal effort.

You can get the working area of the display by either calling
SystemParametersInfo with SPI_GETWORKAREA (for default monitor) or
GetMonitorInfo. See

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724947(v=VS.85).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd144901(v=VS.85).aspx

The functions to change are x_display_pixel_height (and dito width) in w32term.c