Subject: Re: bug#7296: display-pixel-height not enough

From: "Jan D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:25:49 +0100

Eli Zaretskii skrev 2010-11-02 05:01:
>> Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 09:09:18 +0800
>> From: Jason Rumney<[email-masked]>
>> Cc:
>>
>> On 02/11/2010 05:40, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>
>>>> I mean maximize height only, maximize width only and fullscreen.  I
>>>> think those are missing.
>>>>
>>> I suspect they cannot be implemented with any degree of accuracy, not
>>> with an arbitrary wm.  But that's me.
>>>
>> They are already implemented for X
> Where?  Maybe I misunderstood, but my impression from this discussion
> was that they aren't and actually the need for them and their utility
> are debatable.
>

In xterm.c, do_ewmh_fullscreen.  I don't know why you say they are 
debatable, it is the only way to correctly make an Emacs frame full 
height or full width or fullscreen or maximized.  It lets the WM do the 
job, so Emacs doesn't need to count pixels and panels and taskbars and 
autohide and whatever.

     Jan D.