Subject: Re: bug#7296: display-pixel-height not enough

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:45:23 +0900

>>>>> On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:20:16 +0100, Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> said:

>> Anyway, no matter how you try to specify position/size in detail at
>> the Lisp level, additional constraints are forced by the window
>> manager on X11 and the Cocoa framework on Mac OS X.  And such
>> additional constraints actually solve the problem in your
>> motivating example in the first place.  It looks more natural to
>> implement such constraints in the remaining environment, i.e., W32.

> I see. Yes, maybe. I will have a look at it. (But I would still
> suggest changing display-pixel-height/width.)

It seems that the current W32 code already does some kind of "window
manager emulation" with respect to the window size ("Force width and
height of client area to be exact multiples of the character cell
dimensions.") in response to WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING.  I have no
experience of W32 programming, but I guess adding some code that
restricts width/height to the available area to this part would work.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]