Subject: Re: bug#7296: display-pixel-height not enough

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:59:04 +0200

> From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:39:35 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Wouldn't it make more sense for display-pixel-height/width to return
> > the height available for display?
> 
> Probably. But there are perhaps also situation when you actually want
> to get the dimension of the whole display. Perhaps not at the moment,
> but with enhanced frame handling there could be.

What use-case could possibly want to know the dimensions that include
unusable portion?

> For the moment I think you suggestion is best. It will be more
> backward compatible than my initial suggestion.

Patches are welcome to implement that.  Or at least if someone could
explain how to find the dimensions of the unusable part, then someone
else could write the code with minimal effort.