Subject: bug#72949: Gnus sometimes reports new messages but not showing them on IMAP server

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 23:30:55 +0200

Dan Christensen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sep 24, 2024, Dan Christensen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> So how do we go about getting this merged?

I think we're just waiting for someone familiar with Gnus to take a look
at it.

Eric, or someone else who knows Gnus, could you please review this
patch?

> I think someone should apply my nnimap.patch and close this bug report.
>
> The existing code is clearly wrong, and triggers a reproducible bug.
>
> The patch is clearly correct, mirroring what is done elsewhere in Gnus,
> and fixing the reproducible bug.  I explained in detail in this thread
> why it is correct.  I've also been using the patched code for around
> two weeks without issue.

All of us are volunteers here, so it's unfortunately not guaranteed that
we can get to patches in anything that resembles a timely manner.  We
also don't have too many Gnus hackers on board.  While we do our best, I
can unfortunately only recommend patience here.

Please feel free to ping us again if there has been no progress within
another 1-2 months or so.  Ideally, this will be reviewed by someone
familiar with Gnus, but if it comes to it, I could take a cursory look
and push it if nothing stands out as obviously incorrect.

Thanks again for the patch, and for trying to move things forward.