Subject: bug#72949: Gnus sometimes reports new messages but not showing them on IMAP server

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2024 00:13:10 +0200

On Sep 14 2024, Dan Christensen wrote:

> In particular, for an empty group, the "low" value will be 1 while the
> "high" value will be 0.

   If the group is empty, one of the following three situations will
   occur.  Clients MUST accept all three cases; servers MUST NOT
   represent an empty group in any other way.

   o  The high water mark will be one less than the low water mark, and
      the estimated article count will be zero.  Servers SHOULD use this
      method to show an empty group.  This is the only time that the
      high water mark can be less than the low water mark.

   o  All three numbers will be zero.

   o  The high water mark is greater than or equal to the low water
      mark.  The estimated article count might be zero or non-zero; if
      it is non-zero, the same requirements apply as for a non-empty
      group.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
"And now for something completely different."