Subject: Re: Gnus sometimes reports new messages but not showing them on IMAP server

From: James Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 06:55:21 +0530

Hi,

Xiyue Deng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm having some issues that Gnus sometimes reports that there are new
> messages on an IMAP server but it doesn't show them.  In my case it's
> using Gmail IMAP, and if I check using other mail clients
> (e.g. Thunderbird) or directly check on Gmail website I can seem them.
> I'm not sure whether this issue is specific to IMAP either.  As I'm not
> sure how to get more info, I didn't use report bug yet, but would like
> to ask around and see whether this is a known issue, or otherwise I can
> get some suggestions to get more debug info before I formally file a
> bug.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome!  TIA!

James Thomas wrote:

> I haven't tested this patch (don't really know how to), but this could
> very well be the cause of this long-standing bug:

Could you check if this patch (the 1st one, which swaps the 0 and 1),
makes any difference?

Regards,
James