Subject: Re: bug#72945: 29.4; Org: ox-html: attr_html not supported in source code and fixed-width blocks during HTML export

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2024 08:26:07 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks, but why are you posting this here?  ox-html.el is part of Org,

My reasoning was that Org is a part of Emacs, so debbugs would be
appropriate.  Or at least, that it would _not be inappropriate_.
Perhaps I was mistaken.

> and I don't see anything in the above discussion that indicates you
> should post these patches to the Emacs bug-tracker.  What did I miss?

There was no normative expectation to report these to debbugs, i.e., I
am doing so of my own volition.  Reading between the lines of your
response, however, it seems debbugs may not be the right place for it.
If so, apologies for the noise; especially if this was documented
somewhere and I missed it.

My intent was to have a reliable reference that I could either subscribe
to or check semi-regularly, to understand the status of the issue.
Specifically, if/when the issue gets resolved, I'd like to know without
having to monitor all the commits in the Org repository.

I understand that Org uses some custom mailing list software ("Woof!")
to help with tracking issues.  However, it's not clear whether that is
exclusively the case (i.e., debbugs is not to be used for Org issues).
On a related note, "Woof!" doesn't list the issue under "Bugs" and I
don't quite understand why:
<https://tracker.orgmode.org/bugs?search=attr_html>.

In any case, thank you for taking the time to look into this.

-- 
Suhail